TOP 12.3% PERCENTILE RANKING
All publications since 2010 (same age, same subject area, first/last author only, median).
Median citation/impact ranking/publication calculated from Web of Science InCites (all but last 3 years)/Altmetric (last 3 years).
Number of saves/shares = number of media articles, blogs, social media posts (number of unique posters counted only, not total posts) + number of citation saves to bibliometric social media (e.g. Mendeley). Save/share numbers obtained from Altmetric.
Updated May 23, 2020
- TOP 5% IMPACT IN SUBJECT AREA (1st/last author career): 12% of papers
- TOP 10% IMPACT IN SUBJECT AREA (1st/last author career): 35% of papers
- TOP 25% IMPACT IN SUBJECT AREA (1st/last author career): 59% of papers
- CITATIONS/SAVES/SHARES (median 1st/last author career): 67 / paper
- VIEWS (median 1st/last author career): 9,297 / paper
- h-index (citations/saves/shares): 21
- GLOBAL REACH: 28 countries
- % COLLABORATION: 32% (international), 21% (national), 43% (local) of papers
Link: IMPACT STORY saves & shares (predictive of citations)
Latest Research Article (February 2019)
28. A Eshghi, RA Gaultney, P England, S Brûlé, I Miras, H Sato, J Coburn, J Bellalou, TJ Moriarty, A Haouz, M Picardeau. 2019. An extracellular Leptospira interrogans leucine-rich repeat protein binds human E- and VE-cadherins. Cellular Microbiology. 21: e12949.
27. Kao WCA, P?trošová H, Ebady R, Lithgow KV, Rojas P, Zhang Y, Kim YE, Kim YR, Odisho T, Gupta N, Moter A, Cameron CE, Moriarty TJ. 2017. Identification of Tp0751 (Pallilysin) as a Treponema pallidum Vascular Adhesin by Heterologous Expression in the Lyme disease Spirochete. Scientific Reports. 7, Article: 1538.
26. Niddam AF, Ebady R, Bansal A, Koehler A, Hinz B, Moriarty TJ. 2017. Plasma fibronectin stabilizes Borrelia burgdorferi-endothelial interactions under vascular shear stress by a catch bond mechanism. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA. 114(17): E3490:E3498.
MEDIA/BLOG/WEBSITE COVERAGE: UofT Faculty of Medicine News
25. P?trošová H, Eshghi A, Anjum Z, Zlotnikov N, Cameron CE, Moriarty TJ. 2017. Diet-induced obesity does not alter tigecycline treatment efficacy in murine Lyme borreliosis. Frontiers in Microbiology. 8:292.
24. Zlotnikov N, Javid A, Ahmed M, Eshghi A, Zhang Y, Bansal A, Arya A, Parikh M, Song P, Matar F, Tang TT, Ebady R, Koh A, Kim YR, Gupta N, Santana-Sosa M, Wormser FP, Schwartz I, Glogauer M, Moriarty TJ. 2017. Infection with the Lyme disease pathogen suppresses innate immunity in mice with diet-induced obesity. Cellular Microbiology. 19: e12689.
METRICS: Journal Cover May 2017 Most-accessed research article in journal Dec 2016 Saves & Shares: 84 Cites: 8 Percentile rank same age (Altmetric): 7
23. Tang TT, Zhang L, Bansal A, Grynpas M, Moriarty TJ. 2017. Borrelia burgdorferi infection induces murine femoral trabecular bone loss. Infection and Immunity. 85(2): e00781-16.
MEDIA/BLOG/WEBSITE COVERAGE: UofT News
22. Parker ML, Houston S, P?trošová H, Lithgow KV, Hof R, Wetherell C, Kao WC, Lin YP, Moriarty TJ, Ebady R, Cameron CE, Boulanger MJ. 2016. The structure of Treponema pallidum Tp0751 (pallilysin) reveals a non-canonical lipocalin fold that mediates adhesion to extracellular matrix components and interactions with host cells. PLOS Pathogens. 12(9): e1005919.
MEDIA/BLOG/WEBSITE COVERAGE: Nature Reviews Microbiology
21. Ebady R, Niddam AF, Boczula AE, Kim YR, Gupta N, Tang T, Odisho T, Zhi H, Simmons CA, Skare JT, Moriarty TJ. 2016. Biomechanics of Borrelia burgdorferi vascular interactions. Cell Reports. 16(10): 2593-2604.
ORIGINAL INTERVIEWS/ARTICLES ABOUT THE PAPER (19): SCIENCE/MEDICAL/HEALTH SITES: ScienMag Scientific American Science News CrossTalk, Cell Reporter LiveScience The Scientist MedicalResearch This Week’s Discoveries LabRoots MedIndiaNet Contagion Live Infectious Diseases Today MRCVS online Banting Research Foundation UofT News UofT Faculty of Dentistry News De Kennis Van Nu GENERAL NEWS SITES: Huffington Post U.S. 1 Huffington Post U.S. 2 Scoop It
RE-POSTS: SCIENCE/MEDICAL/HEALTH SITES: phys.org News Science Daily Science & Technology Research News Hail Science Medical News Today EurekAlert! Health Canal Health Medicine Network Medaxs 1 Medaxs 2 Banting Research Foundation U.S. Army Public Health Weekly Update GENERAL NEWS SITES: Fox News Yahoo News US Yahoo News UK Yahoo News Singapore News/Talk1010 WCSI Columbus Indiana VN Online
20. Javid A, Zlotnikov N, P?trošová H, Tang TT, Zhang Y, Bansal AK, Ebady R, Parikh M, Ahmed M, Sun C, Newbigging S, Kim YR, Santana Sosa M, Glogauer M, Moriarty TJ. 2016. Hyperglycemia impairs neutrophil-mediated bacterial clearance in mice infected with the Lyme disease pathogen Borrelia burgdorferi. PLoS One 11(6): e0158019.
19. Salo J, Jaatinen A, Söderström M, Auvinen K, Salmi M, Ebady R, Moriarty TJ, Viljanen MK, Hytönen J. 2016. Flow tolerant adhesion of a bacterial pathogen to human endothelial cells through interaction with biglycan. Journal of Infectious Diseases. 213(10):1023-31.
18. Staudinger LA, Spano SJ, Lee WS, Coelho N, Moriarty TJ, McCulloch CA. 2015. Role of discoidin domain receptor 1 in dysregulation of collagen remodeling by cyclosporin A. International Journal of Biochemistry & Cell Biology 62:80-7. PDF
17. Ogden N, Feil E, Leighton P, Lindsay R, Margos G, Mechai S, Michel P, Moriarty TJ. 2015. Evolutionary aspects of emerging Lyme Disease in Canada. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 81(21):7350-9.
MEDIA/ BLOG/ WEBSITE COVERAGE: MBiosphere
16. Lee WY, Sanz MJ, Wong CH, Hardy PO, Salman-Dilgimen A, Moriarty TJ, Chaconas G, Marques A, Krawetz R, Mody CH, Kubes P. 2014. Invariant natural killer T cells act as an extravascular cytotoxic barrier for joint-invading Lyme Borrelia. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 111(38):13936-41.
15. Staudinger LA, Spano SJ, Lee WS, Coelho N, Bendeck M, Moriarty TJ, McCulloch CA. 2013. Interactions between the discoidin domain receptor 1 and ?4?1 integrin regulate attachment to collagen. Biology Open 2(11):1148-59.
14. Moriarty TJ (corresponding author), Shi M, Lin YP, Ebady R, Zhou H, Odisho T, Hardy PO, Salman-Dilgimen A, Wu J, Weening EH, Skare JT, Kubes P, Leong J and Chaconas G. 2012. Vascular binding of a pathogen under shear force through mechanistically distinct sequential interactions with host macromolecules. Molecular Microbiology 86 (5): 1116-31.
13. Lee WY, Moriarty TJ, Wong, CH, Zhou H, Strieter RM, van Rooijen N, Chaconas G and Kubes P. 2010. An intravascular immune response to Borrelia burgdorferi involves Kupffer cells and iNKT cells. Nature Immunology 11 (4): 295-302. PDF
12. Moriarty TJ and Chaconas G. 2009. Identification of the determinant conferring permissive substrate usage in the telomere resolvase, ResT. Journal of Biological Chemistry 284 (35): 23293-301.
11. Tourand Y, Deneke J, Moriarty TJ and Chaconas G. 2009. Characterization and in vitro reaction properties of 19 unique hairpin telomeres from the linear plasmids of the Lyme disease spirochete. Journal of Biological Chemistry 284 (11): 7264-72.
MEDIA/ BLOG/ WEBSITE COVERAGE: Spirochetes Unwound
10. Norman MU, Moriarty TJ (co-first author), Dresser AR, Millen B, Kubes P and Chaconas G. 2008. Molecular mechanisms involved in vascular interactions of the Lyme disease pathogen in a living host. PLoS Pathogens 4(10): e1000169.
9. Moriarty TJ (co-first author), Norman MU, Colarusso P, Bankhead T, Kubes P and Chaconas G. 2008. Real-time high resolution 3D imaging of the Lyme disease spirochete adhering to and escaping from the vasculature of a living host. PLoS Pathogens 4(6): e1000090.
8. Moriarty TJ, Marie-Egyptienne DT and Autexier C. 2005. Regulation of 5’ template usage and incorporation of non-cognate nucleotides by human telomerase. RNA 11(9): 1448-60.
7. Lue NF, Bosoy D, Moriarty TJ, Autexier C, Altman B and Leng S. 2005. Telomerase can act as a template- and RNA-independent terminal transferase. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 102(28): 9778-83.
6. Moriarty TJ, Ward RJ, Taboski MA and Autexier C. 2005. An anchor site-type defect in human telomerase that disrupts telomere length maintenance and cellular immortalization. Molecular Biology of the Cell 16(7): 3152-61.
5. Moriarty TJ, Marie-Egyptienne DT and Autexier C. 2004. Functional organization of repeat addition processivity and DNA synthesis determinants in the human telomerase multimer. Molecular and Cellular Biology 24(9): 3720-33.
4. Huard S, Moriarty TJ and Autexier C. 2003. The C terminus of the human telomerase reverse transcriptase is a determinant of enzyme processivity. Nucleic Acids Research 31: 4059-70.
2. Moriarty TJ, Dupuis S and Autexier C. 2002. Rapid upregulation of telomerase activity in human leukemia HL-60 cells treated with clinical doses of the DNA-damaging drug etoposide. Leukemia 16(6): 1112-20.
1. Moriarty TJ, Huard S, Dupuis S and Autexier, C. 2002. Functional multimerization of human telomerase requires an RNA interaction domain in the N terminus of the catalytic subunit. Molecular and Cellular Biology 22(4):1253-65.